Wednesday, April 15, 2009

It's been a month since I last posted, and lots have been happening in my life - it has been turned upside down!

Anyway, enough about me, let's move on to focus on you.

A few characters I have observed in class which I find rather interesting:

(a) a girl who comes from an affluent family and seems to be struggling for acceptance, as she is very awkward socially. Recently, I realise the problem - she has been and I believe still is being subjected to abuse psychologically (if not physically) at home. I can't believe in this age and time there is still such rampant abuse by parents, but if sticks can't break your spirit, words CAN.

(b) another girl, who seems to me a Bimbo - pretty and all but I can't say much about intelligence. Baffles me how can one be so lacking in understanding of anything, having gone through 11 years of education in Malaysia (or could it be the reason why?). Again, I just found out that probably she has really short attention span and has not been listening at all in class, hence the apparent 'dumbness'.

(c) a boy this time, seemingly intelligent but has no regard whatsoever for the value of hard work, it's just not in his vocabulary. Probably born with a silver spoon in his mouth and thinks that life is to be enjoyed and work is for the less endowed. Whatever his motivation is, and whatever promises he has given his parents about wanting to change, and willingness to put in the effort, there is serious flaw in his lifestyle, as he is too easily lured away from hitting his books by a mere phone call, from even an acquaintance.


What is to be done for each individual above? Unless each wakes up and realise the need to change and is motivated to change from within (irrespective of their environment) what can outsiders do for them, even the most well intentioned ones? I must say that they have good friends who are looking out for them and wanting to help them (save the socially awkward one who has yet to be transparent about her need for help). Can they be helped? Will they be helped? Again, time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No offence

Read at your own peril, offend not thy fragile heart