Sunday, March 1, 2009

It's such a beautiful day - the sun hiding coyly behind the clouds, and I was driving along a hilly path, with trees swaying fr both sides of the road, can't ask for more out of life.

So many things to thank God for. No blog can contain the limitless thanksgiving.

Each time some light is shed on His word, my heart leaps with joy and I thank God that He shows me who He is. This time it is an interesting thought that leaped up - Ishmael (the father of Muslims) was circumcised at 13, and Muslims boys usually go through the circumcision ceremony at the age of 12 or 13, as they venture into adulthood. On the other hand, the Jews (descended from Isaac, the promised son of Abraham) are circumcised at birth. See the contrasts between the two?

It's no great revelation, but this mini revelation encourages me to dig deeper. There is a wealth of riches in the bible. For those avid Word diggers, feel free to share with me what nuggets you have uncovered.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No offence

Read at your own peril, offend not thy fragile heart